Sunday, May 15, 2011

Waiting to hear from festivals

I spent the last six weeks participating in the Actor/Director Labs at Two Light Studio. I presented four scenes, the first one was from my next film, Alone (more on that on the next blog).

I was not able to attend the premiere of The Big Deal in Austin. My family came to visit me and they arrived the night the film played. I was a little sad that I could not attend but I was happy to see my mom, my sister and my niece.

On May 9th, I was able to see the film in front of an audience, the film screened at Two Lights Studio with five other great films. It was a fantastic feeling to see the film with an audience. The response was even better than what I was expecting.  I workshopped scenes from The Big Deal at the Actor/Director Labs. Some of the actors  who participated in the workshops came to show their support. I felt so humbled that they were invested enough in the work we did to come and see the film.

Today, I'm on my way to my first rehearsal for Alone. In the meantime, I wait to hear from festivals that want to screen The Big Deal.

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment