Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Life Change

Yes, I finished my first draft. I kept to my deadline and was a few days early. I finished it the week of ThanksGiving 2015. I have not written much since then. I needed a break from writing because this happened.





I'm grateful to say, I had an easy pregnancy and now I have a smart, loving, sweet baby girl. The picture above is my bump at 30 weeks. The shoes are hand me downs from my brother's daughter, Arianna Rose aka cousin Ari.



Her name is Hudson Charlise Hanley. This was taken last Friday, she was seven weeks and one day.

Hudson is named after the river that was my backyard growing up in Washington Heights. I bottled imaginary messages to the world, dreamed and hoped of a better life; of moving out to California, and making movies. 

Charlise after her father, Charles Matthew Hanley; He is my California golden dream come true, my anchor, my partner. The best thing I've done in my adult life is give my daughter this wonderful man to be her father.

Hudson Charlise where my East and my West meet.

Everything I have gone through in the last eight years, everything I have done, has been for her. 

My life has changed drastically for the better since she was born. My creativity is overflowing and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you all.




Matt and I by the Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge aka Jeffrey's Hook Lighthouse a few summers ago.

xoxo,

Lucy


No comments:

Post a Comment