Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday. I'm not into turkey day because I don't like birds or things with wings, feathers, beaks or talons. I'm also not into the whole pilgrims being thankful to the indians because, well, we know how that turned out.

To me, the holiday is about spending time with family and friends. I am grateful every day and I don't mean that in a patronizing way. I am aware of all the great things that have always been present in my life; strong family and close friends. Everything else is gravy, yes, I like gravy, on mashed potatoes and pernil (that's pork leg, which I prefer to turkey).

I am spending Thanksgiving in Santo Domingo with most of my immediate family. My husband got to meet a huge chunk of extended family and they all like him and vice versa. Tonight, we are having a big feast, Dominican style.

I'm looking forward to the rest of our vacation and ofcourse to going home and tying up the lose ends before production starts.

Thank You for reading the blog.

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment