Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grateful & Humbled

The Big Deal finally made it home to Los Angeles. We had a great screening at the Egyptian Theater. The film was part of the Family program at the 15th Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival.

Pretty much everyone who is dear to me, people I consider my west coast family was there. I am humbled by the support this film  has received. It was very gratifying to have people tell me how much they enjoyed the film. I let a sigh of relief when the audience was laughing and clapping. It was a gratifying moment.

The Big Deal shared the screen with amazing films from Spain and Latin America. I was able to meet the other female director Bel Armenteros, her wonderful film Sin Palabras was very inspirational. I think we were both ready to die and go to heaven when we got a chance to speak with director Fernando Trueba. His kind words were encouraging.

I am so grateful for getting the chance to work with such a gifted group of people, my cast and crew are like family to me. None of this would be possible without the support of Michele Serros.

I'm looking forward to the closing night gala of the festival and then it's back to pre-production on Alone & The Brown Widow.

xoxo,

Lucy

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic. The Big Deal received a good reaction from audience at Ventura Film Festival. Congratulations and I'll be following your post for your other ventures.

    ReplyDelete