Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello 2012

Sorry for the long time without a post. Life has been a bit hectic but good.  I've been juggling my job, my writing class, family life, pre-production for Alone, finishing The Big Deal and worrying about health issues affecting a family member. 

I decided to put Alone & The Big Deal on hold while I was taking the screenwriting class. I didn't have the time or the money to do justice to either project.  An indie filmmaker spends a lot time searching for people to either do favors  or give you such a low rate on things that it's almost free.  This is why a good producer is key to a writer/director. I produce my own stuff and it's hard when you have a full plate of non film related responsibilities. 

A few months ago I reached out to a composer for music for The Big Deal. I'm currently using a temp track that is not licensed ie "illegal". I got an email from the composer with samples from his library that I can use for a very low price. I'm in the process of figuring out which songs to use. I hope that the next screening will have the new music and I will finally be "legal".  Once the music is in The Big Deal will be 100% complete.

My main goal for 2012 is to find a producer who wants to work with me on a permanent basis. This will leave me with time to develop scripts and ideas.  For the blog, I will start to add links to filmmaking resources and articles. I will also be interviewing some of my filmmaker friends who are farther along in their journey through Indiewood.  I want to make the blog a good resource for filmmakers at every level.

Onward & Upward,

Lucy




No comments:

Post a Comment