Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Can Breathe Again!


Tuesday was my last day of the master class.  WOW, that was intense but I made it. I am proud of myself; I held my own against a talented group of actors. Everyone brought their game, the performances were phenomenal and Judith’s lessons are not just for the screen and stage but for life.

Judith Weston is the best teacher I’ve ever had, every time I take a class with her, I manage to elevate my craft to a new level.  I would urge anyone who has the opportunity to study with her, even if it’s just a weekend workshop to take advantage of it.

The month of January was the craziest, scariest month I’ve had in a very long time. The overlapping of my improv class and the master class plus all that I have going on in my personal life (all good) left me very limited time to do anything else.  In January Matt and I saw Muse, I visited my baby niece three times and I think that’s about it. The rest of the time was work, class, rehearsal, class, work, class, rehearsal, class. I am grateful my husband is super supportive of my endeavors, we barely saw each other!

February 9th was my graduation from UCB’s Improv 101. Opening yourself up to the power of “Yes and” is an experience I recommend to everyone.  The class was a lot of fun and my classmates were gracious and fun to work with. I became a better listener and most importantly, I did not care about making a fool of myself, I didn’t care about doing things wrong and that was liberating.

Now that both classes are over, my creativity is overflowing. I am ready to shoot my short horror film, unfortunately that was pushed up partly because of my hectic schedule.  I want to make two shorts this year.

I did not hear back from AFI but one of my dearest friends has an interview on Friday and I am hoping that she gets in. I am grateful to belong to a network of talented female filmmakers who support and encourage each other.  In the meantime, fingers crossed for my dear friend.

I plan to shoot the script I used to apply to AFI after  I shoot Ghoooooul.

The lessons learned during the last two months;

1.       I am a better listener,  the key to both acting and improve is to LISTEN – listen to others, listen to yourself

2.       I am the Lizard King, I can do anything

On that note, I leave you with a song I woke up to today

 

No comments:

Post a Comment