Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Cut

Yesterday, I was able to watch my editor's assembly cut of The Big Deal. It's hard to describe my feelings and emotions as I watched the first cut of the film.  Something I've been working on for the last two years has finally come to fruition. I need to give some minor notes to the editor, I am happy that she was able to find the story and shape my vision.

I'm glad my husband was able to share the experience with me. He watched it as an audience member and laughed a lot. I watched it looking for ways to make it better. I've watched it over twenty times by now, composing my notes.

Today, I threw my back out and I've been on the floor or couch, munching on vicodin and ibuprofen. Matt and I were supposed to go shopping and run errands but I've been home all day. At least The Big Deal has been a good companion.

I am very proud of the film I see taking shape before me. I hope the cast, crew, Michele and fans of the book share my pride and enthusiasm.

Throughout this whole process I've never stopped saying Thank You and letting the universe know how grateful I am for this opportunity.

I can't wait to share this film with the world.

xoxo,
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment