Monday, January 31, 2011

Festival Submissions

I spent about $350 on festival submission fees, that's the quickest $350 I've spent online shopping. I used Withoutabox.com for six of the seven submissions. Some festivals were more expensive than others. There were two festivals that I applied close to the final deadline and those fees were $50 & $75. It's almost like playing the lottery in the sense that you are spending money without the guarantee that you'll win anything. At least the lottery costs $1!

I chose festivals that I hope will embrace the diversity of The Big Deal. I think the story is universal and most people will find it easy to relate someone in their family to someone in the film. The cast is Latino but that story would have worked with any ethnic group. I think every family has a Tia Alma.

Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment